Saturday, June 12, 2010

My thoughts on the World Cup so far...

I've definitely enjoyed it so far. I've been looking forward to this since the Confederation Cup last summer. (Also I went to see an FC Tokyo match last spring in Japan, and liked it very much. The funniest part about that, was the team song was not only an English Premier League team's song, it was in English.) But I'm even more into it than I thought I would be.

Mexico had excellent passing, but South Africa should have won on that break away chance at the end. I'm a little tense right now. It's halftime of the England-US match, 1-1. The US defense has played pretty putridity. I feel like both teams' offenses are outplaying the opposing defenses. Gerrard is everywhere, and looks to be the best play on the pitch. Donovan is playing very well. Howard too, despite the cleats to the chest. I think Altidore, Findley, or a sub needs to make a play in the second half.

No comments: