Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Nabe!

First...pick yourself up off the floor and check your vitals. No you aren't dead. I really did put up two nonvideo updates up in one week. I don't know either.

So we had a Thanksgiving party last night for our Japanese friends. We had Nabe which is kind of a soup where you can add anything to it. Mostly veggies and meat. But other things pop up too. Also some of us made American things. There was sweet potato pie, pumpkin cupcakes, peanut butter cookies, and I made mac & cheese and cornbread.

I thought I'd do some pictures to tell the story.



Now this is most of the people that came. AC one of our interns was kind enough to sacrifice her place in the picture to take it. Things will go down hill from here.


I like really big comfy pants. Especially when they are $4 XXXL scrubs from a thrift store in Colorado Springs.

Sometimes it's wise to go in the kitchen and appear like you are doing work. I did this twice just to be safe.


This is something we did some this past summer. For the sake of a name I'll call it flapping. Also Josh likes to stick his head in pictures.


This may be the most perfect flapping picture ever. I meant look. I'm hideous. And this is Josh's sister visiting us for a few weeks.


I just recently watched Snow White. But did I learn? Nope. I still greedily go after apples given to me by old hags.


Ok so talking to everyone seems to have its draw backs. Here Rei is ignoring me =(







Ok here are good ol normal smiles. Me with our two interns (sort of) and some Japanese.


Hope you thought this was semi interesting and had a great Thanksgiving.
Remember anytime is a good time to give Thanks to God =)


1 comment:

Mallory's Adventure said...

Ummm... that comment is in Greek and my national friends do not associate with them. So, sorry, i don't know what it says, but I can guess...

"Amazing pictures! I want those stretchy pants!"

HAHA!