Monday, July 12, 2010

People you sit next to on a plane across the Atlantic

So yesterday I arrived back in Decatur from my year in Spain. It didn't really hit me I was coming home until I arrived in the Huntsville airport. Here is the story of the plane ride. When I got on the plane in Madrid, I was one of the last ones on, I sat down (aisle!) next to my seat buddy. We introduced ourselves, said where we were from, etc. We talked off and on throughout the flight, watched movies, got up to relieve our tiny bladders, you know the basics. Then about a half hour before we landed, we started talking about camp. She asked which camp I worked at in Colorado (as that is where she is from). I said Eagle Lake. And she said she went to Eagle Lake. As soon as she said that, I was pretty sure I recognized her. Not only was she there one of my three summers. She was my sister camper. (One guy cabin/one girl cabin where on a brother/sister team.) And I taught her how to play chess. And her and a couple of others sent me a package for my birthday that year, including a chess set and the always useful Barbie Band-Aids. I don't know if you think it is a cool story, but to me it's the coolest of my many "it's a small world after all" moments (of which I had already had 2 that week).


Thanks for the package Adria!

No comments: