Saturday, May 29, 2010

A story from my Mom

Our topic in Preschool Worship that day was praying.
I had an old rotary phone in the room
and told them that talking to God was just like talking to someone on the phone...
except His line is never busy, He's always there, and He can hear us...even if everyone else is talking..
which I could not.
I passed out cell phones
(actually small, thin blocks the size of a cell phone/I had put numbers on them like a phone).
I had given them God's phone number....G (4) 0 (6) D (3).
They are dialing.
I took the Lord's prayer and made statements in childlike terms telling them to tell God something related to that part like.
Now remember I have told them that everyone can talk to God at the same time.
Tell God how much you love Him and how special He is. (Talk, talk, talk, talk)
Think of something that you ate this week that was really good. Tell God what it was and how much you liked it and thank Him for it. (Talk, talk, talk, talk)
Think of something that you did this week that you shouldn't have done. Tell God what it was and ask Him to forgive you and help you not to do it again. (DEAD SILENCE)
Think of something that someone did to you this week that wasn't very nice. Tell God what it was and who did it and ask God to help you to forgive them and to love them anyway. (D said in a loud voice ...Bro. B - that's what he calls his brother for real.)
I tried doing the same thing the following week.....some of the kids were different, but we were still talking about prayer.
Same thing happened.

No comments: