Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Psalm 55 excerpts

Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea;
hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught...
My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death assail me.
Fear and trembling have beset me;
horror has overwhelmed me.
I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest -
I would flee far away and stay in the desert;
I would hurry to my place of shelter,
far from the tempest and storm...
But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.
He ransoms me unharmed
from the battle waged against me,
even though many oppose me...
Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall...
But as for me, I trust in you.

No comments: