Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13 - Hitchcock's Birthday

Today is Hitchcock's Birthday. And that has nothing to do with this post...


Today Paul and I went out to play some basketball. First we went to the gym a block from our apartment. There are "paddle" courts. Like a combination of racquetball and tennis. Then a couple of basketball courts. All that is outside. We went into the pro-shop and looked around. Some shoe brands I'd never heard of. Then I asked the lady if she spoke English. Definitely no. I did ask her how much to restring my tennis racket, and best I can tell it is the cost of the strings (ex. 15 euros) and the restringing is free. Then we went out to the court to see if they were open. They were locked. So we walked several blocks down the street where there was a public court and shot some baskets. I was lights out the first 1/3. Then we played a revised version of a game called 42 (normally 2 on 2 but we did 1 on 1 and halved the score to 21 but as to not confuse you with the actual game 21...). I lost 21-19. Then the last part we did the talk while shooting thing, and I hit basically nothing except a few bankers.

So all in all a good early afternoon.

No comments: