Saturday, March 7, 2009

Osaka

Ok I know you are all hungry for some video, and while I did consider doing some video at one point on my trip to Osaka, I decided it was too loud there, and forgot to do any more. So I'll give you a picture run down.

Well I decided I shouldn't very well leave Japan without visiting Osaka. So I found out there is a train pass you can use 5 times (any 5 days within the college break here, but you don't have to use them in order, so that was great) and it's only $115. So that is pretty cheap. So I boarded the train at 8am Sunday morning for a 7ish hour train ride to Nagoya. I would stay with 2 of our missionaries, Hank and Linda, there. Here is Hank and I eating some Ramen (which is not just noodles, it's a whole production):
















The next day we went to an amusement park trickily called Spaland:



Then the next day on to Osaka. Here I stayed with some more of our missionaries, the Seelens. They took me to their favorite Okonomiyaki place. Kind of like a pancake looking thing, but much better and not breakfasty:
















We hit up some recycle shops, or second hand stores, or whatever. My favorite store chain in Japan is bookoff. So of course we had to go there:



What is a trip to Osaka without going to the Castle. It has moats and kindergartners!















By the way I went with some of my Mom's former students and they got me to try on some armor:



Here is the castle:



After wearing some armor and becoming a certified professional takoyaki (fried octopus ball) maker, I was passed off to another of my Mom's students and we went to the golden temple:




So I had fun, and I really like Osaka. The people there didn't seemed to be scared of me! But in Nagoya they would get away from me =(.

1 comment:

BrunerAbroad said...

I just can't get over how awesome that helmet is!